2017 HPCAI Legislative Day
One of the best ways to be the voice of Iowa’s hospices is at the 2017 HPCAI Legislative Day, scheduled for March 7. HPCAI Legislative Day is an important grassroots event for hospice and palliative care professionals and volunteers. It provides an opportunity to learn about issues facing legislators at the Capitol and to advocate in person with your legislators.
The day began at the HPCAI offices with an issue briefing at 11:00 a.m. Attendees reviewed the legislative process, got an update on legislative activities impacting hospice and palliative care in Iowa and heard from a legislator.
Click any of the links below to access various articles relating to advocacy:
- 2017 Legislative Agenda
- 2016 Legislative Agenda
- Iowa Physician Order for Scope of Treatment (IPOST) toolkit - provided by the Iowa Healthcare Collaborative
- IPOST Informational Webcast
- Who Provides Health Care at the End-of-Life in Iowa
- Side-by-Side Comparison of Iowa State Law and New CoPs Available
- White Paper Addresses New Hospice Regulations
- HPCAI Introduces Affinity Program with Hospice Compliance Network
- Hospice Cost Savings
- Contacts and Resources