The Hospice-Veteran Partnership of Iowa (HVP), in conjunction with the national HVP initiative of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, is working to ensure Iowa's veterans have access to quality end-of-life care. The group meets in person and via conference call to discuss issues relevant to serving veterans at end-of-life. To join the Hospice-Veteran Partnership of Iowa email list serve, or to receive more information on future meetings, please contact Emily Fredericksen.
Hospices can join the We Honor Veterans Campaign by signing and submitting the Partner Commitment form found at www.WeHonor.Veteran.org. The website also provides community hospices, Hospice Veteran Partnerships and VA programs with tools and resources that encourage them to:
- Commit to honoring Veterans at the end of life
- Assess their current ability to serve Veterans
- Learn more about caring for Veterans
- Find resources to support Veterans at the end of life
- Provide veteran-centric education for staff
- Measure Quality and Outcomes