The Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Iowa (HPCAI) is a voluntary membership association representing Iowa hospice agencies providing end-of-life care through various locations across the state. The association is governed by a board of directors and has been in existence since 1981. As the only organization in Iowa dedicated solely to this segment of the health care industry, HPCAI positions itself as the voice of hospice care in the state of Iowa.
HPCAI is the best source for information about the business of hospice care in the state. Whether you are a person looking for hospice services for yourself or a loved one, a hospice provider looking for continuing education or a business who provides services to hospice agencies, HPCAI strives to provide you with the information and services you need. Membership is open to Iowa hospice providers as well as businesses that offer products and services to Iowa hospices.
HPCAI strives to be the statewide leader in the enhancement of end-of-life care through representation of and service to hospice and palliative care providers.
HPCAI supports Iowan’s access to quality palliative and hospice care consistent with their individual needs.
- Help members provide quality end-of-life care
- Educate the general public about hospice
- Build and strengthen relationships with palliative care
- Advocate and represent the interests of Iowa hospices at the state and federal levels
- Form coalitions that support hospice
- Advance quality end-of-life care.
- Serve as the united voice for hospice and palliative care issues before policy makers and other organizations while also engaging hospice advocates in supporting hospice and palliative care issues.
- Provide professional education and information to enhance skills and knowledge in the provisions of hospice care and palliative care.
- Collaborate with other organizations and health care providers as opportunities arise.
- Continue to sustain a viable organization.