HPCAI strives to be the statewide leader in the enhancement of end-of-life care through representation of and service to hospice and palliative care providers.
HPCAI supports Iowan’s access to quality palliative and hospice care consistent with their individual needs.
- Help members provide quality end-of-life care
- Educate the general public about hospice
- Build and strengthen relationships with palliative care
- Advocate and represent the interests of Iowa hospices at the state and federal levels
- Form coalitions that support hospice
- Advance quality end-of-life care.
- Serve as the united voice for hospice and palliative care issues before policy makers and other organizations while also engaging hospice advocates in supporting hospice and palliative care issues.
- Provide professional education and information to enhance skills and knowledge in the provisions of hospice care and palliative care.
- Collaborate with other organizations and health care providers as opportunities arise.
- Continue to sustain a viable organization.
The videos feature real-life stories from patients in hospice and are a testimony of how hospice care is often a positive alternative. HPCAI members can use these videos as a resource to share the hospice story.